About The Challenge
The Agility Club Starters Challenge is one of the finals held at The Agility Club Championship Show and has now been running since 1997.
There are heats held at various shows throughout the country and each one is an agility class available for anyone to enter for combined grades 1-2. However, only the 2 highest placed Agility Club members in the top 10% of the class can qualify for the final so it is important that you keep your membership up-to-date to save disappointment!
Please ensure that your contact details including an up to date email address are correct on your membership details. All contact regarding qualification and details for the Final will be made by email.
Please make sure that when entering any of the Agility Club Starters Challenge qualifying heats. That your Name and the spelling of your name match the details on your Agility Club membership. Failure to do this may result in you not qualifying for the Final.
REMAINING AGILITY CLUB STARTERS CHALLENGE HEATS 2019
***If you have qualified for the Final, just enter your classes as normal. The Agility Club sorts the finals entries so you will not receive any paperwork prior to the show. More information will be released once all heats have been run and results received in.***
Starters Agility Challenge Rules
Agility Club Large, Medium & Small Starters Agility Challenge 2019 Rules
**These rules are valid for heats that lead to qualification for the Final in JULY 2019 only. Rules applying to heats run for qualification for Finals after 2019 may vary**
- The competition will be run under the relevant Kennel Club Regulations in force at that time. All handlers will be deemed to have agreed to abide by these rules and regulations.
- Each Heat is open to all Grade 1-2 dogs of the correct size for each heat, each heat will offer awards for the heights on offer as follows; Rosettes 1st – 10th in Large height, trophies to 1st and 2nd and Rosettes 1st – 5th in Medium and Small heights, trophy to 1st. Where the LHO is offered then Medium and Small dogs will have combined awards, Large can offer separate LHO awards.
- ONLY dogs handled by an Agility Club member at the time of competing (date of joining/renewal must be prior to the first day of the show) may qualify for the Final. In order to compete in the Final you must also be a current member of The Agility Club on the day of the final.
- The competition will normally consist of between ten and fifteen Heats. The two highest placed Agility Club members in each Heat will go through to the Final, providing they have achieved an awarded place as detailed in paragraph
- Both handler and dog may only qualify once for each height Final. Each handler and dog pairing may only qualify once for the Final. In the event of the highest placed dog(s) having qualified previously, the next highest placed dog(s) will qualify.**
- Finalists should normally compete at the height at which they qualified however if a heat takes place at a show with no LHO, they can choose to compete at the final at LHO. Should a handler qualify at LHO and wish to compete at FHO in the final this will be permitted. Dogs will NOT be allowed to compete at LHO if qualified at FH in a heat offering both height options.
*If separate LHO awards are given in Large, the highest placed Club member from each height will go through to the Final.*
** The show secretary must be informed if a handler or dog that has already qualified for the same height Final is placed in a subsequent Heat.
List of Qualifiers
KATHY WILLIAMS – AME MAGNANIME DIDIER DE TITAN – GOLDEN VALLEY
JULIA EDWARDS – STARLIGHT JADE – GOLDEN VALLEY
CATHERINE STONE – FINN FLINTSTONE – BILLINGSHURST
BONNIE HEATH – BIRCHENHEAD HECTOR – BILLINGSHURST
RINA LEUNG – SOOKIE WOOKIE DODDAH – RVA
VERITY BODYCOMBE – SHARPHOUSE’S HARMONY – AGILITY CLUB
MURPHY WALTON – ANIONWAIT FOR APPLAUSE – AGILITY CLUB
SUSAN LLOYD – LA BELLE JEUNE FILLE – SKS
ALISON TROTMAN – MALMELSA ROMANCING MARCELLO – SKS
VINCE NORRIS – BAILEY BOP – DOGS IN NEED
KEN WHEATE – DARLYFALLS DOUBLE O’ SEVEN – DOGS IN NEED
GORDON WHITEMAN – MIMI MOUSE – SOUTHDOWNS
SHARON BURT – EVERY BODY STAN UP – SOUTHDOWNS
JACQUELINE PINKERTON – BELLIS PERENNIS OF BIRDLIP – GOLDEN VALLEY
TRISH HELME – TURFIES GREASED LIGHTNIN – GOLDEN VALLEY
LAUREN ASHBY – THE LIGHTNING THIEF – BILLINGSHURST
TRACEY BREWER – RIO’S MY LOVE ON THE RUN – BILLINGSHURST
MICHELLE OADES – LA ROCHE AW (S) – AGILITY CLUB
SALLY HUBBARD – SALLY’S ENTERTAINER – AGILITY CLUB
SHARON YOUNGMAN – RUBBLE DOUBLE TROUBLE – DOGS IN NEED
STEVE MILLINGTON – JERI BEAR – DOGS IN NEED
PAULINE WILTON – ANVALOSHTI SPRING SHOWER – SOUTHDOWNS
CHARLOTTE COX – VILROS TRIATHLON TREV – SOUTHDOWNS
TRISH HELME – MAGIC MOOCH – GOLDEN VALLEY
JESS RADNOR – APRIL RAINBOW SHOWER – GOLDEN VALLEY
JODY BRIGDEN – MY SKILLYWIG – BILLINGSHURST ATTENDING
REBECCA CHUTER SMITH – BRAMLEY COTT MIS MONYPENNY – BILLINGSHURST
MICHELLE FRANKLAND – BUD TASTIC – RVA
JOANNA LOOMES – JOANNA’S BELLA BOO – AGILITY CLUB
SHIRLEY TURNER – KENTIXON MISDEMEANOR – SKS AGILITY
DEE OLIVER – AGATHA POPPET SNOUT – SKS AGILITY
MELANIE HOBBS- OLLIE THE POCKET ROCKET – DOGS IN NEED
PATRICIA MARSHALL – RAYMOND’S A GEM – DOGS IN NEED
EMMA STOCK – ATHENA THE MINIBEAST – SOUTHDOWNS
CHARLOTTE COX – HELMICTICIANS TINKERBELL – SOUTHDOWNS